Take the GED® Test in D.C.
The District of Columbia offers the computer-based GED test for high school equivalency testing. Even though you cannot take the GED test online, you can prepare for it online and from the comfort of your own home!START STUDYING ONLINE
Why You Should Study Online
There are three reasons why online study makes preparing and passing the GED test faster.
First is flexibility. Online studying can fit into your schedule and lifestyle. Second is control. You can study at your own pace instead of what the classroom dictates. Third, you learn faster and retain more because our College of Essential Education customizes your study to exactly what you need to know.
To help you pass your high school equivalency test, enrollment in The College of Essential Education gives you access to the GED Academy. But your $15 enrolment includes five other courses that will help you get a job, improve your computer skills, and manage your finances.
Washington DC GED Test Eligibility
- You must be a resident of Washington DC
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate
- You must be 18 years of age. However, if you are 16 or 17 you must provide documentation from a principal, director, or superintendent of having withdrawn from a traditional educational program six months prior to sitting for the GED® test; or provide a notarized letter from a parent, guardian, government agency, or court granting permission to sit for the GED test. Be sure to review your state’s rules and requirements before testing.
- Cost: $3.75 (per subject, $15 (all subjects)
- Passing score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED test’s accommodations page.
After you pass the test, Washington DC will award you a GED certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Knowing When You’re Ready to Take the GED Test
First, take our free practice test before taking the official high school equivalency test to make sure you are ready. You will discover which areas you need to focus on in order to pass.
Second, Enroll in an easy and affordable study program like our GED Academy. It’s designed to help you prepare quickly because you study only those areas that you need to master.
After you’ve studied, locate a DC testing center to take the GED test at an official center.