DC OSSE GED Testing and Verifications
441 4th Street NW
One Judiciary Square, Suite 370N
Washington, District Of Columbia 20001
Washington D.C. State GED Test Eligibility Requirements
- You must be a resident of Washington DC
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate
- You must be 18 years of age. However, if you are 16 or 17 you must provide documentation from a principal, director, or superintendent of having withdrawn from a traditional educational program six months prior to sitting for the GED® test; or provide a notarized letter from a parent, guardian, government agency, or court granting permission to sit for the GED test. Be sure to review your state’s rules and requirements before testing.
- Cost: $3.75 (per subject, $15 (all subjects)
- Passing score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED test’s accommodations page.
- After you pass the test, Washington DC will award you a GED certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed their GED® test. So why wait?LET’S GET STARTED
"My goal was to gain the satisfaction of knowing that I could obtain my GED certificate. I had been putting this off for the last 35 years. At 51 I feel like I have really accomplished something significant. Something that nobody can take away from me or minimize the importance of my accomplishment, I did this for me."