Washington D.C. State GED Test Eligibility Requirements
- You must be a resident of Washington DC
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate
- You must be 18 years of age. However, if you are 16 or 17 you must provide documentation from a principal, director, or superintendent of having withdrawn from a traditional educational program six months prior to sitting for the GED® test; or provide a notarized letter from a parent, guardian, government agency, or court granting permission to sit for the GED test. Be sure to review your state’s rules and requirements before testing.
- Cost: $3.75 (per subject, $15 (all subjects)
- Passing score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED test’s accommodations page.
- After you pass the test, Washington DC will award you a GED certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Online GED or HiSET Classes
Online programs like GED Academy are available to help you get your GED fast and easy.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed their GED® test. So why wait?
"My goal was to gain the satisfaction of knowing that I could obtain my GED certificate. I had been putting this off for the last 35 years. At 51 I feel like I have really accomplished something significant. Something that nobody can take away from me or minimize the importance of my accomplishment, I did this for me."