Wyoming Now Offers Three Tests
In 2014, Wyoming added the HiSET® Exam and the TASC Test as alternatives to the GED® Test. You get to choose the test to take to earn your high school equivalency diploma. No matter which test you decide to take, you can now study for any of them online.START STUDYING ONLINE
Why Study for the Test Online?
Studying online speeds up preparation for your high school equivalency test in three ways:
- Flexibility: It fits into your schedule and lifestyle
- Control: It lets you study at your own pace instead of what the classroom dictates.
- Speed: It allows you to learn faster and retain more because it customizes the study to exactly what you need to know.
Your $15 enrollment in The College of Essential Education not only gets you our GED Academy, HiSET Academy and TASC Academy, but also gets you three additional courses that help with improving your computer skills, finding and keeping your dream job, and managing your finances.
The State of Wyoming Eligibility Requirements
- You do not have to be a resident of Wyoming.
- You must not have graduated from high school and cannot be currently enrolled in a regular high school.
GED Test Eligibility
- You must be at least 17 years old and must meet additional requirements in order to take the test.
- Cost: $30 (per subject) $120 (total)
- Passing score: 145 (minimum)
- Accommodations: The GED Testing Service allows you to apply for disability accommodations if needed.
HiSET Test Eligibility
- You must be at least 16 years old and must meet additional requirements in order to take the HiSET exam.
- Cost: $18 per subject, or $90 total
- Passing score: 8 (minimum) on each subtest, combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay
- Accommodations: Find out about disability accommodations and fill out your HiSET Accommodations Request Form.
TASC Test Eligibility
- You must be at least 16 years old and meet the additional TASC requirements specified.
- Cost: $14.40 (each subtest); $72 (total)
- Passing score: 500 (minimum) in each subject; minimum of 2 out of 8 on the Language Arts, Writing essay
- Accommodations: Find out about disability accommodations and fill out your TASC Accommodations Request Form.
You will receive your Wyoming High School Equivalency Certificate from the Wyoming Community Colleges Commission after you have successfully passed one of the tests.
Get Ready by Studying Online
Take our free practice test so you know which areas you need to focus on so you can pass your chosen high school equivalency test. Enrolling in an online study program like The College of Essential Education is easy, fast and affordable. It’s designed to help you prepare quickly by showing you those exact areas you need to master.