Take the South Dakota GED® Test
South Dakota offers the computer-based GED test for high school equivalency testing. You must take the test at an official testing centers. Even though you cannot take the GED test online, you can prepare and study for it online!START STUDYING ONLINE
Why You Should Study Online
There are three reasons why online study makes preparing and passing the GED test faster.
- First is flexibility. Online studying can fit into your schedule and lifestyle.
- Second is control. You can study at your own pace instead of what the classroom dictates.
- Third, you learn faster and retain more because our College of Essential Education customizes your study to exactly what you need to know.
To help you pass your high school equivalency test, enrollment in The College of Essential Education gives you access to the GED Academy. But your $15 enrolment includes five other courses that will help you get a job, improve your computer skills, and manage your finances. Why wait, get started today.
South Dakota State GED Test Eligibility
- You do not have to be a resident of South Dakota
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate
- You must be at least 18 years old. if you are 16 or 17 you must have home school status, be attending an in-school GED prep program, or submit to the state office an underage testing waiver signed by your parent/guardian and a school official. Other rules may apply so be sure to check for additional requirements.
- Cost: GED: $32.50 (per subject) or $130 (all subjects)
- Passing Score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED® Testing Service page.
After you pass the test, the State of South Dakota will award you a certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Knowing When You’re Ready to Take the GED Test
First, take our free practice test before taking the official high school equivalency test to make sure you are ready. You will discover which areas you need to focus on in order to pass.
Second, Enroll in an easy and affordable study program like our GED Academy. It’s designed to help you prepare quickly because you study only those areas that you need to master.
After you’ve studied, locate a South Dakota testing center to take the GED test at an official center.