South Dakota State GED Test Eligibility Requirements
- You do not have to be a resident of South Dakota
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate
- You must be at least 18 years old. if you are 16 or 17 you must have home school status, be attending an in-school GED prep program, or submit to the state office an underage testing waiver signed by your parent/guardian and a school official. Other rules may apply so be sure to check for additional requirements.
- Cost: GED: $32.50 (per subject) or $130 (all subjects)
- Passing Score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED® Testing Service page.
- After you pass the test, the State of South Dakota will award you a certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Online GED or HiSET Classes
Online programs like GED Academy are available to help you get your GED fast and easy.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed the GED® Test. So why wait?
“I’m 24 years old and a single mother of a 4 year old son. I dropped out of school in th 9th grade, at the age of 16. I got pregnant when I was 19 and realized that I needed an education to find employment. I started GED test prep in October and successfully passed 4 of the 5 tests. I am pushing myself and working hard on trying to pass [Math]. I don’t want a life of poverty for my son.”