South Dakota State GED Test Eligibility Requirements
- You do not have to be a resident of South Dakota
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate
- You must be at least 18 years old. if you are 16 or 17 you must have home school status, be attending an in-school GED prep program, or submit to the state office an underage testing waiver signed by your parent/guardian and a school official. Other rules may apply so be sure to check for additional requirements.
- Cost: GED: $32.50 (per subject) or $130 (all subjects)
- Passing Score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED® Testing Service page.
- After you pass the test, the State of South Dakota will award you a certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed the GED® Test. So why wait?LET’S GET STARTED
“I’m 24 years old and a single mother of a 4 year old son. I dropped out of school in th 9th grade, at the age of 16. I got pregnant when I was 19 and realized that I needed an education to find employment. I started GED test prep in October and successfully passed 4 of the 5 tests. I am pushing myself and working hard on trying to pass [Math]. I don’t want a life of poverty for my son.”