South Carolina State GED Eligibility Requirements
- You must be a South Carolina resident to take either test
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate
- You must be at least 19 years old, but if you're 16-18 you can take the test if you meet additional requirements
- Cost: The GED Test is $37.50 (per subject), $150 (all subjects).
- Passing Score: The GED Test requires a 145 (minimum) to each subject to pass.
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through your chosen HSE test accommodations page. For details visit the GED Testing Service page.
- When you pass the GED, the State of South Carolina will award you an HSE certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate. Other rules and requirements may be necessary, so be sure to review South Carolina's HSE policies.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed their high school equivalency test. So why wait?LET’S GET STARTED
"The GED Academy is a great site, and it explains things before you take your practice test; it is a virtual classroom and I absolutely love it. No matter what life throws at me I WILL succeed.