South Carolina Offer Two Tests
Chose between either the GED test of the TASC test in South Carolina to get your high school equivalency credentials. No matter which test you decide to take, did you know you can prepare for the test anytime, anywhere and on any device online?START STUDYING ONLINE
Study Online for Your Test
Studying online with The College of Essential Education speeds up preparation for either the GED test or the TASC test in three ways:
- Flexibility: It fits into your schedule and lifestyle
- Control: It lets you study at your own pace instead of what the classroom dictates.
- Speed: It allows you to learn faster and retain more because it customizes the study to exactly what you need to know.
Your $15 enrollment in The College of Essential Education not only gets you our GED Academy and TASC Academy but also gets you four additional courses that help with improving your computer skills, finding and keeping your dream job, and managing your finances. Let’s get started!
South Carolina State GED Test and TASC Test Eligibility
- You must be a South Carolina resident to take either test
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate
- You must be at least 19 years old, but if you 16-18 you can take the test if you meet additional requirements
- Cost: The GED Test is $37.50 (per subject), $150 (all subjects) and the TASC Test is $24.50 (per sub-test) and $122 (total)
- Passing Score: The GED Test requires a 145 (minimum) to each subject to pass. The TASC Test requires a 500 (minimum) to each subject to pass; minimum of 2 out of 8 on the Language Arts, Writing Essay
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through your chosen HSE test accommodations page. For details visit the GED Testing Service page, or the TASC accommodations page.
Whether you pass the GED or TASC test, the State of South Carolina will award you an HSE certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate. Other rules and requirements may be necessary, so be sure to review South Carolina's HSE policies.
Get Ready by Studying Online
Before taking either the GED or TASC test for your high school equivalency test, you’ll want to take our free practice test so you know which areas you need to focus on in order to pass.
Enroll in an easy and affordable study program like The College of Essential Education. It’s designed to help you prepare quickly by showing you those exact subjects you need to master. The online study courses like our GED Academy and TASC Academy, let you study only the areas that you need to master so you can quickly prepare for the exam.