South Carolina GED Requirements
- Resident: You must be a resident of South Carolina.
- Age: You must be at least 19 years old, but if you're 16-18 you can take the test if you meet additional requirements.
- Enrolled: You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: Test Center: $37.50 (per subject) or $150 (all subjects). Online: $43.50 (per subject)
- Score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED® Testing Service page.
- Diploma: After you pass the test, the state of South Carolina will award you a GED certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Online GED Classes
Online programs like GED Academy are available to help you get your GED fast and easy.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed their high school equivalency test. So why wait?
"The GED Academy is a great site, and it explains things before you take your practice test; it is a virtual classroom and I absolutely love it. No matter what life throws at me I WILL succeed.