New York State GED Test Eligibility Requirements
- You must have lived in New York for 30 days.
- You are eligible for GED test if you did not graduate from high school or if your diploma is not be recognized by New York State and must not be currently enrolled in a regular high school.
- You must be at least 16 years old. If you are under 19 years of age, you must meet additional requirements.
- Cost: FREE
- Passing score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED test’s accommodations page.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed their high school equivalency test. So why wait?LET’S GET STARTED
“I faced many situations in my life where a diploma was necessary: to get a better job or to start college. For me to see that most of the stories about the GED test are from people that have overcome incredible situations, such as young pregnancy or any type of situation that would cause them to drop out school… Well, I always thought to myself, 'What was my excuse?' If I can pass the GED test, I’m sure you can too. Right now I’m focused on entering college and studying clinical psychology. There’s just such a great feeling of accomplishment that flows in me. I now know I can do anything!”