New York GED Requirements
- Resident: You must have lived in New York for 30 days.
- Age: You must be at least 16 years old. If you are under 19 years of age, you must meet additional requirements.
- Enrolled: You are eligible for the GED test if you did not graduate from high school or if your diploma is not recognized by the state of New York and must not be currently enrolled in a regular high school.
- Cost: FREE
- Score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED test’s accommodations page.
- Diploma: After you pass the test, the State of New York will award you a high school equivalency diploma showing you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Online GED Classes
Online programs like GED Academy are available to help you get your GED fast and easy.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed their high school equivalency test. So why wait?
“I faced many situations in my life where a diploma was necessary: to get a better job or to start college. For me to see that most of the stories about the GED test are from people that have overcome incredible situations, such as young pregnancy or any type of situation that would cause them to drop out school… Well, I always thought to myself, 'What was my excuse?' If I can pass the GED test, I’m sure you can too. Right now I’m focused on entering college and studying clinical psychology. There’s just such a great feeling of accomplishment that flows in me. I now know I can do anything!”