New Mexico State GED and HiSET Eligibility Requirements
- You do not have to be a resident of New Mexico.
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- You must be 18 years old or older, however, if you are 16 or 17 you can complete an underage form.
- Cost: The GED Test is $20 (per subject), $80 (all subjects) and the HiSET Exam is $24 (per sub-test); $120 (total).
- Passing Score: The GED Test requires a 145 (minimum) to each subject to pass. The HiSET Exam requires an 8 in each sub-test with a combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay.
- Accommodations for the GED test can be requested by completing the GED disability accommodations request form or by applying for the HiSET disability accommodations by filling out their form.
- Whether you pass the GED or HiSET test, the State of New Mexico will award you a high school equivalency certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate. Be sure to learn more about other HiSET rules and requirements and other GED rules and requirements in New Mexico.