New Mexico Offers Two Tests
You can choose between taking either the GED® Test or the HiSET® Exam in New Mexico. Both are valid tests to get your high school equivalency credentials. You can't take either test online, but you can prepare and study for them online anytime, anywhere and on any device.START STUDYING ONLINE
Why You Should Study Online
There are three reasons why studying online speeds up preparation for your high school equivalency test.
- Flexibility. It fits into your schedule and lifestyle
- Control. It lets you study at your own pace instead of what the classroom dictates.
- Speed. It allows you to learn faster and retain more because it customizes the study to exactly what you need to know.
Your $15 enrollment in The College of Essential Education not only gets you our GED Academy and HiSET Academy but also gets you four additional courses that help with improving your computer skills, finding and keeping your dream job, and managing your finances. Don’t wait, get started today!
The GED Test and HiSET Exam Eligibility in New Mexico
- You do not have to be a resident of New Mexico.
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- You must be 18 years old or older, however, if you are 16 or 17 you can complete an underage form.
- Cost: The GED Test is $20 (per subject), $80 (all subjects) and the HiSET Exam is $24 (per sub-test); $120 (total).
- Passing Score: The GED Test requires a 145 (minimum) to each subject to pass. The HiSET Exam requires an 8 in each sub-test with a combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay.
- Accommodations for the GED test can be requested by completing the GED disability accommodations request form or by applying for the HiSET disability accommodations by filling out their form.
Whether you pass the GED or HiSET test, the State of New Mexico will award you a high school equivalency certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate. Be sure to learn more about other HiSET rules and requirements and other GED rules and requirements in New Mexico.
Are You Ready to Pass the Test
Before taking either the GED Test or HiSET Exam for your high school equivalency test, you’ll want to take our free practice test so you know which areas you need to focus on in order to pass.
Enroll in an easy and affordable study program like The College of Essential Education. It’s designed to help you prepare quickly using courses like GED Academy and HiSET Academy that show you the exact areas you need to master.