New Mexico GED and HiSET Requirements
- Resident: You do not have to be a resident of New Mexico.
- Age: You must be 18 years of age or older. However, if you are 16 or 17, you can complete an underage form.
- Enrolled: You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: GED at a Test Center: $26 (per subject). GED Test Online: $36 (per subject). HiSET: $24 (per subject); $120 (all subjects).
- Score: GED: 145 (minimum) in each subject. HiSET: 8 in each subtest, combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay.
- Accommodations: GED: You may apply for disability accommodations through the GED Testing Service page. HiSET: Find out about disability accommodations and fill out a HiSET Accommodations Request Form.
- Diploma: Whether you pass the GED or HiSET test, the State of New Mexico will award you a high school equivalency certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate. Be sure to learn more about other HiSET rules and requirements and other GED rules and requirements in New Mexico.