New Jersey GED Requirements
NOTICE: As of June 1, 2023, New Jersey is no longer offering the HiSET Exam. Existing Test Takers will continue to be able to access their My HiSET Test Taker Portal Accounts until further notice. For further questions, please call the New Jersey Department of Education at (609) 376-3883 or email at email@example.com.
- Resident: You must be a resident of New Jersey.
- Age: You must be 18 years old or older. However, you can take the test at 16 or 17 if you meet additional requirements.
- Enrolled: You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: Test Center: $36 (per subject) or $144 (all subjects). Online: $36 (per subject)
- Score: 145 (minimum) in each subject.
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED Testing Service page.
- Diploma: When you pass the GED test, the State of New Jersey will award you a high school equivalency certificate showing you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Online GED Classes
Online programs like GED Academy are available to help you get your GED fast and easy.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed their high school equivalency test. So why wait?
“I refused to be a statistic. I wanted more for my life and was not going to settle. Success does not come without hard work. So just take it one semester at a time, and you’ll get to where you’re supposed to be. Sometimes you have to fail to succeed. Learn from your failures and press forward!"