Missouri GED and HiSET Requirements
- Resident: You must be a resident of Missouri.
- Age: You must be 17 years old or older. However, you can take the test at 16 if you have completed at least 16 units toward high school graduation. If you are under 18 years of age, you must meet additional requirements for the GED.
- Enrolled: You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: GED at a Test Center: $33 (per subject). GED Test Online: $36 (per subject). HiSET Exam: $17 (per subtest); $95 (total). Missouri also requires a $10 annual fee.
- Score: The GED Test requires a 145 (minimum) for each subject to pass. The HiSET Exam requires an 8 (minimum) on each subtest with a combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay.
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED Testing Service page or fill out a HiSET Accommodations Request Form on the HiSET website.
- Diploma: After you pass the test, the State of Missouri will award you with a high school equivalency certificate showing you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Online HiSET Classes
Online programs like GED & HiSET Academy are available to help you get your GED or HiSET fast and easy.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed their high school equivalency test. So why wait?
"For the first time in my life, I am truly motivated to make a future for myself. I’m truly motivated to right all of the wrongs I’ve made. And I’m truly motivated to stay motivated. And if I can do that, then there is no limit to what I can do with my life."