Georgia State GED and HiSET Test Eligibility Requirements
- Resident: You do not have to be a resident of Georgia.
- Age: You must be at least 18 years old, but if you are 16 or 17 can take the test if you are enrolled in a state-approved adult education program and receive approval in order to take the test. Learn more about other Georgia rules and requirements for taking the GED test or learn about the requirements for the HiSET Test in Georgia.
- Enrolled: You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: GED at a Test Center: $46 (per subject). GED Test Online: $46 (per subject). The HiSET exam costs $26.75 (per subject); $133.75 (all subjects).
- Passing score: 145 (minimum) in each subject for GED and 8 (minimum) on each subtest, combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay for the HiSET.
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED test’s accommodations page or fill out your HiSET disability accommodations request form.
- After you pass the test, the State of Georgia will award you a certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Online GED or HiSET Classes
Online programs like GED & HiSET Academy are available to help you get your GED or HiSET fast and easy.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed the GED® Test. So why wait?
"What my future holds for me is a higher education, a career that will provide a steady income, and a healthier relationship with my friends and family. And all of that will come as I continue to stay on the path to completing my goal, and maintaining my improved mindset."