Colorado GED and HiSET Requirements
- Resident: You do not have to be a resident of Colorado.
- Age: You must be at least 17 years of age. Students who are 16 may take the test if they are approved by the Colorado HSE Office for an HSE Age Waiver.
- Enrolled: You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: GED at a Test Center: $43.50 (per subject). GED Test Online: $43.50 (per subject). HiSET Exam: $30 (per subtest); $150 (total).
- Score: The GED Test requires a 145 (minimum) for each subject to pass. The HiSET Exam requires an 8 (minimum) on each subtest with a combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay.
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED Testing Service page or fill out a HiSET Accommodations Request Form on the HiSET website.
- Diploma: After you pass the exam and the Constitution Test, the Illinois Community College Board will award you with a high school equivalency certificate showing you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.