GED® Test or HiSET® Exam in Colorado
Colorado residents can receive a high school equivalency diploma by choosing to take one of two tests: the GED or HiSET test. There are a lot of classes that make it easier to pass either test, but why go to a class when you can study online from the comfort of your home!START STUDYING ONLINE
Study with an Online Program
There are three reasons why studying online makes preparing for the GED or HiSET test in Colorado faster.
- First is flexibility. Online studying can fit into your schedule and lifestyle.
- Second is control. You can study at your own pace instead of what the classroom dictates.
- Third, you learn faster and retain more because The College of Essential Education customizes your study to exactly what you need to know.
Your $15 enrollment in The College of Essential Education not only gets you our GED Academy and HiSET Academy but also gets you four additional courses that help with improving your computer skills, finding and keeping your dream job, and managing your finances. Don’t wait, get started today!
The GED Test and HiSET Exam Eligibility in Colorado
- You do not have to be a resident of Colorado, but you must be 17 years of age. Students who are 16 may take the test if they are approved by the Colorado HSE Office for a HSE Age Waiver.
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: The GED Test is $37.50 (per subject), $150 (all subjects) and the HiSET Exam is $27.50 for each sub-test for a total of $137.50 for the entire test.
- Passing Score: The GED Test requires a 145 (minimum) to each subject to pass. The HiSET Exam requires an 8 in each sub-test with a combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay.
- Accommodations for the GED test can be requested on the GED Testing Service page. Find out about disability accommodations and fill out your HiSET Accommodations Request Form on HiSET website.
The State of Colorado will award you an HSE certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate after you pass either the GED test or HiSET exam. Be sure to learn more about other HiSET exam rules and GED test policies.
Make Sure You’re Ready to Pass
Sign up to take our free practice test before you go in to take the official high school equivalency test. You will discover which areas you need to focus on in order to pass. Our online study program, The College of Essential Education, is designed to help you prepare quickly because you study only those areas that you need to master. Once you’re ready, be sure to find an official testing center for either the GED Test or HiSET Exam so so you know exactly where to go.