Colorado GED and HiSET Requirements
- Resident: You do not have to be a resident of Colorado.
- Age: You must be at least 17 years of age. Students who are 16 may take the test if they are approved by the Colorado HSE Office for an HSE Age Waiver.
- Enrolled: You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: The GED Test is $37.50 (per subject), $150 (all subjects) and the HiSET Exam is $30 for each sub-test for a total of $150 for the entire test.
- Score: The GED Test requires a 145 (minimum) for each subject to pass. The HiSET Exam requires an 8 in each sub-test with a combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay.
- Accommodations: The GED test can be requested on the GED Testing Service page. Find out about disability accommodations and fill out your HiSET Accommodations Request Form on HiSET website.
- Diploma: The State of Colorado will award you an HSE certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate after you pass either the GED test or HiSET exam. Be sure to learn more about other HiSET exam rules and GED test policies.