How old do I have to be to take the test in Colorado?
How do I get an age wavier in Colorado?
You must be 18 years of age.
If you are 17, you can take the test with the following conditions:
- You have a government (national or foreign) issued photo ID;
- You are a resident of Colorado
- You are not enrolled in school (you are excepted if you are enrolled in an approved in-school GED preparation program)
- You are not a high school graduate
- You must have parental/guardian permission.
If you are 16 you must meet the above requirements, and must be in the care of a state agency, under a court order, or in a Job Corps training program.
If you are under 18, you are required to attend school in the state of Colorado.
If you are under 18 and require an age waiver, you can request it from your local school board. You’ll need to receive permission from the school board in order to take the test.