Alabama GED Requirements
- Resident: You do not have be a resident of Alabama if you are 18 years old or older.
- Age: You must be 18 years old or older. If you’re younger, you may be able to get permission to take the test. Check with your local GED testing center to make sure.
- Enrolled: You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: $30 (per subject) or $120 (all subjects)
- Score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED® Testing Service page.
- Diploma: After you pass the test, the State of Alabama will award you a GED certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.