Virginia Offers the GED® Test
In Virginia, the GED exam must be taken in order to obtain your GED certificate. You can prepare for the test by studying at home through an online GED study program!START STUDYING ONLINE
Why Study Online?
There are three reasons why online study speeds up preparation for the tests. First is flexibility. Online studying can fit into your schedule and lifestyle. Second is control. You can study at your own pace instead of what the classroom dictates. And third, you learn faster and retain more because Essential Education Academies customize the study to exactly what you need to know.
Your $15 enrollment includes six courses to help you pass your high school equivalency test, get a job, improve your computer skills, and manage your finances. Make your dreams come true.
Virginia State GED Test Eligibility
- You do not have to be a resident of Virginia.
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- You must be 18 years old or older. However, if you are 16 or 17 you can take the test if they are obtain documentation signed by the superintendent/designee certifying that the applicant has completed a home instruction program, has been released from compulsory attendance by the local school board, or has been expelled from school. Applicants over 16 who have been court ordered to obtain a GED must provide documentation signed by the judge, and applicants over 16 in an adult correctional facility must provide documentation signed by the Department of Correctional Education that the individual is actively pursuing a GED certificate. ISAEP students over the age of 16 may take the test if they have achieved a minimum score of 450 on each of the subtests of the Official GED Practice Test before this form may be submitted.
- Cost: $30 (per subject); $120 (all subjects)
- Passing score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED test’s accommodations page.
After you pass the test, the State of Virginia will award you a GED certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate. To locate a Virginia testing center, use the GED testing center locator, and check your state’s other rules and requirements here.
How Do You Know When You’re Ready?
Take our free practice test before taking the official high school equivalency test to make sure you are ready. You will discover which areas you need to focus on in order to pass. Our online study course is designed to help you prepare quickly because you study only those areas that you need to master.