Utah State Board of Education
250 East 500 South
P.O. Box 144200
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4200
Southwest Technical College
757 West 800 South
Cedar City, UT 84720
Davis Adult Education and Community School
550 E 300 S
Kaysville, UT 84037
900 E Lagoon 124-6
Roosevelt, UT 84066
Utah State GED Test Eligibility Requirements
- You do not have to be a resident of Utah.
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- You must be 18 years old or older, however if you are 16 or 17 you are eligible if you have been formally withdrawn from the public secondary school system and have completed the Adult Education Program and/or GED Testing Application for 16-18 Year-Old Non-Graduates form. This form is obtained from Utah public high schools, charter schools or special purpose residential schools. 16-year-olds must access a Utah state-sponsored adult education program for verification of academic readiness necessary to take the GED tests. Verification by an adult education program is not a guarantee that the test-taker will pass the tests. Other eligibility requirements may be required, so be sure to check out all of Utah’s GED policies.
- Cost: $30 (per subject); $120 (all subjects)
- Passing score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You can apply for Utah’s GED disability accommodations by filling out a form based on your disability type.
- After you pass the test, the State of Utah will award you a GED certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed the GED® Test. So why wait?LET’S GET STARTED
"I needed to get a GED. I had to have it. I wanted to go to college and get a better job, and that was the only way. Even though I wanted to quit lots of times, I kept going. The GED Academy helped me do it. If I can do it, anybody can."