Southwest Applied Technology College
757 West 800 South
Cedar City, UT 84720
Northeastern Utah Educational Services GED Testing
35 S Main St
Heber City, UT 84032
Granite Peaks Lifelong Learning
501 E 3900 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
Canyons Community Education
825 East 9085 South
Sandy, UT 84094
Utah State GED Test Eligibility Requirements
- You do not have to be a resident of Utah.
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- You must be 18 years old or older, however if you are 16 or 17 you are eligible if you have been formally withdrawn from the public secondary school system and have completed the Adult Education Program and/or GED Testing Application for 16-18 Year-Old Non-Graduates form. This form is obtained from Utah public high schools, charter schools or special purpose residential schools. 16-year-olds must access a Utah state-sponsored adult education program for verification of academic readiness necessary to take the GED tests. Verification by an adult education program is not a guarantee that the test-taker will pass the tests. Other eligibility requirements may be required, so be sure to check out all of Utah’s GED policies.
- Cost: $30 (per subject); $120 (all subjects)
- Passing score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You can apply for Utah’s GED disability accommodations by filling out a form based on your disability type.
- After you pass the test, the State of Utah will award you a GED certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
⚠️ ONLINE PROCTORED (OP) GED TEST NOTIFICATION UPDATE: 7-26-2021
Beginning September 1st, 2021, there will be an Online Proctored (OP) GED Test option, which means that you will have the option to take your GED test remotely. *Unless you are located in Hawaii*, you can plan on having this option available to you after September 1st, 2021.
A few more facts regarding the Online Proctored GED test option:
The price of the OP GED test will increase by $6 per subject in most states. Click here to see the current price.
Students who schedule a test before Sept. 1 will pay the current OP price, no matter when the test is delivered.
Vouchers you have already purchased will continue to be valid for use with OP tests through December 1st, 2021. The vouchers will cover 100% of the cost for OP or in-person testing if used before Dec. 1st.
For more information, please click here.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed the GED® Test. So why wait?LET’S GET STARTED
"I needed to get a GED. I had to have it. I wanted to go to college and get a better job, and that was the only way. Even though I wanted to quit lots of times, I kept going. The GED Academy helped me do it. If I can do it, anybody can."