Tennessee State HiSET Exam Eligibility Requirements
- You do not have to be a resident of Tennessee.
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- You must be 18 years old or older. However, if you are 17 you can take the test with an age waiver signed by the Director of Schools. Other rules may apply so be sure to check for additional requirements.
- Cost: $15 (per subtest); $75 (total)
- Passing score: 8 in each sub-test with a combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the HiSET exam’s accommodations page.
- After you pass the test, the State of Tennessee will award you a HiSET certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed their high school equivalency test. So why wait?LET’S GET STARTED
"You know, I really thought I would have a hard time on math, but with the help of the GED Academy I’m getting by. I hope to gain a sense of peace, knowing I finally was able to finish something. I also hope to better myself and my family. Getting my GED will give me more confidence, so I can go to college and begin a new life."