Pennsylvania GED and HiSET Requirements
- Resident: You must be a resident of Pennsylvania.
- Age: You must be 18 years old to test in Pennsylvania.
- Enrolled: You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: GED at a Test Center: $36 (per subject). GED Test Online: $36 (per subject). HiSET: $24 (per subject); $120 (all subjects).
- Score: GED: 145 (minimum) in each subject. HiSET: 8 in each subtest, combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay.
- Accommodations: GED: You must apply for GED disability accommodations through the GED Testing Service page. HiSET: Find out about HiSET disability accommodations and fill out the HiSET Accommodations Request Form.
- Diploma: The State of Pennsylvania will award you an HSE certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate after you have passed the GED test or HiSET exam.
Online GED or HiSET Classes
Online programs like GED Academy are available to help you get your GED fast and easy.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed their high school equivalency test. So why wait?
“I want to get into computers. I went on a tour of a particular school that I want to attend. When they asked me about my diploma, I had to tell them I didn’t have one. I felt so embarrassed. For the first time in my whole life, I know what I want to do, but I have one huge thing holding me back. It’s not the GED. It’s myself…”