Pennsylvania Offers Three Tests
If you live in Pennsylvania, you can choose between three high school equivalency tests. The GED, TASC, and HiSET are valid tests to get your credentials. You can't take either test online, but you can prepare and study for them online and in the comfort of your own home!START STUDYING ONLINE
Preparing and Studying Online
There are three reasons why The College of Essential Education online study program speeds up preparation for your high school equivalency test.
- Flexibility: It fits into your schedule and lifestyle
- Control: It lets you study at your own pace instead of what the classroom dictates.
- Speed: It allows you to learn faster and retain more because it customizes the study to exactly what you need to know.
Your $15 enrollment will get you our GED Academy, TASC Academy, and HiSET Academy, but it also gets you four additional courses that help with improving your computer skills, finding and keeping your dream job, and managing your finances. Don’t wait, get started today!
Pennsylvania State Exam Eligibility
- You must be a resident of Pennsylvania
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate
- You must be 18 years of age, however, if you are 16 or 17 with additional requirements.
- Cost: The GED Test is $30 (per subject), $120 (all subjects) and the HiSET and TASC are both $24 for each sub-test for a total of $120 for the entire test.
- Passing Score: The GED Test requires a 145 (minimum) to each subject to pass. The HiSET Exam requires an 8 in each sub-test with a combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay.
- Accommodations for the GED test can be requested by completing the GED disability accommodations request form. Apply for the HiSET disability accommodations by filling out their form. Find out about disability accommodations for TASC and fill out your TASC Accommodations Request Form on TASC Test website.
The State of Pennsylvania will award you an HSE certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate after you have passed the GED test, TASC test, or HiSET exam. To locate a Pennsylvania testing center, use the GED testing center locator, TASC testing center locator or HiSET testing center locator.
Three Steps to Know You're Ready
- Before taking either the GED Test or HiSET Exam for your high school equivalency test, you’ll want to take our free practice test so you know which areas you need to focus on in order to pass.
- Next, you’ll want to enroll in an easy and affordable study program like The College of Essential Education. It’s designed to help you prepare quickly by showing you those exact subjects you need to master. The online study courses like our GED Academy and HiSET Academy, let you study only the areas that you need to master so you can quickly prepare for the exam.
- Finally, and only when you’re ready, be sure to find an official testing center for either the GED Test or HiSET Exam so so you know exactly where to go.