Ontario GED Test Requirements
Important: The Canadian GED will no longer be available in Canada as of May 3, 2024. If you are in the process of completing your GED, you should plan to complete all testing by May 3, 2024.
There’s still time! With GED Academy, you can successfully achieve your certification before the deadline. Invest in your future and enroll today!
- Resident: You must be a citizen of Canada or have been a resident of Ontario for at least 6 months.
- Age: You must be 19 to take the test.
- Enrolled: You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: $100 (all subjects)
- Passing Score: 410 (minimum) in each subject and an average of 450 (minimum)
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED Testing Service page.
- After you pass the test, Ontario will award you a GED certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate. To other rules and requirements here.
Online GED or HiSET Classes
Online programs like GED Academy are available to help you get your GED fast and easy.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed the GED® Test. So why wait?
"I always wanted to get my high school diploma, but I got pregnant at sixteen and decided to drop out. I want to get my GED so I can go to school for health care administration. Also to better my children’s life. I want them to have a better life than I did."