Department of Education, Operations and Development
Government of the NWT
Lahm Ridge Tower—2nd Floor
P.O. Box 1320
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Aurora College - Yellowknife Campus
5004 - 54th Street
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2R6
Northwest Territories GED Test Eligibility Requirements
- You must be a citizen of Canada or have been a resident of the the Northwest Territories for at least 6 months.
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- You must be 18 to take the test.
- Cost: $35
- Passing Score: 410 (minimum) in each subject and an average of 450 (minimum)
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED Testing Service page.
- After you pass the test, Northwest Territories will award you a GED certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate. To check your state’s other rules and requirements here.