Montana State HiSET Exam Eligibility Requirements
- You must be a resident of Montana and you must be 19 years old or older. But, you can take the test if you are 16-18 with additional requirements specified by Montana state rules.
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: $16.25 (per subject), or $65 (all subjects)
- Passing score: 8 in each subtest, combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts - Writing essay
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the HiSET exam’s accommodations page.
- After you pass the test, the State of Montana will award you a HiSET certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed their HiSET® Exam. So why wait?LET’S GET STARTED
"I am 42 years old and not getting any younger. With the change in our economy, it has definitely made an impact on my finances. I need a change of career, but without a GED I can’t get the education or job I want."