Montana HiSET Requirements
- Resident: You must be a resident of Montana.
- Age: You must be 19 years old or older. But, you can take the test if you are 16 to 18 with additional requirements specified by Montana state rules.
- Enrolled: You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: $16.25 (per subject), or $65 (all subjects)
- Score: 8 in each subtest, combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts - Writing essay.
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through HiSET's test accommodations page.
- Diploma: After you pass the test, the State of Montana will award you a HiSET certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Online HiSET Classes
Online programs like HiSET Academy are available to help you get your HiSET fast and easy.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed their HiSET® Exam. So why wait?
"I am 42 years old and not getting any younger. With the change in our economy, it has definitely made an impact on my finances. I need a change of career, but without a GED I can’t get the education or job I want."