Mississippi GED and HiSET Requirements
- Resident: You do not have to be a resident of Mississippi.
- Age: You must be 18 years old or older. Students older than 16 are eligible if they are at least one full grade level behind his or her ninth-grade cohort or have acquired less than four Carnegie units, have taken every opportunity to continue to participate in coursework leading to a regular diploma, and are certified to be eligible to participate in the High School Equivalency course by the school district superintendent, based on the developed criteria.
- Enrolled: You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: The GED Test is $30 (per subject), $120 (all subjects) and the HiSET Exam is $24 (per subject), $120 (total).
- Score: The GED Test requires a 145 (minimum) for each subject to pass. The HiSET Exam requires an 8 in each sub-test with a combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay.
- Accommodations: GED: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED Testing Service page. HiSET: Find out about disability accommodations and fill out your HiSET Accommodations Request Form.
- Diploma: After passing either the GED test or HiSET Exam, the State of Mississippi will award you an HSE certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate. Check the rules and regulations for the Mississippi GED test or Mississippi HiSET exam for more information.
Online GED or HiSET Classes
Online programs like GED Academy are available to help you get your GED fast and easy.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed their high school equivalency test. So why wait?
"I want to get my education for my daughters, so that we can have a better life. My daughters have inspired me simply by growing up. I’ve noticed how things aren’t so easy when you’re a single parent, and I want to show them that just because their mommy is raising them alone doesn’t mean she has to stop everything when something gets in her way."