Mississippi Offers Three Tests
In Mississippi, you can get your high school equivalency diploma by taking the GED® Test, HiSET® Exam or TASC Test. No matter which test you chose to prepare for, there are classes that make it easy. But why go to a class when you can study online!START STUDYING ONLINE
Why Online Study Programs Work
Studying online makes preparing for the GED, HiSET, or TASC test in Mississippi faster in three ways:
- Flexibility. Online studying can fit into your schedule and lifestyle.
- Control. You can study at your own pace instead of what the classroom dictates.
- Speed. You learn faster and retain more because online study programs customize your study to exactly what you need to know.
Your $15 enrollment in Essential Education not only gets you our GED Academy and HiSET Academy but also gets you four additional courses that help with improving your computer skills, finding and keeping your dream job, and managing your finances. Let’s get started today!
Mississippi State GED Test, TASC Test, and HiSET Exam Eligibility
- You do not have to be a resident of Mississippi
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- You must be 18 years old or older. Students older than 16 are eligible if they are at least one full grade level behind his or her ninth grade cohort or have acquired less than four Carnegie units, have taken every opportunity to continue to participate in coursework leading to a regular diploma, and are certified to be eligible to participate in the High School Equivalency course by the school district superintendent, based on the developed criteria.
- Cost: The GED Test is $30 (per subject), $120 (all subjects) and the HiSET Exam is $24 (per subject), $120 (total). You can buy the TASC Test subject area exams one at a time for $24 each, or you can purchase all five subtests at once for $120.
- Passing Score: The GED Test requires a 145 (minimum) to each subject to pass. The HiSET Exam requires an 8 in each sub-test with a combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay. On the TASC Test you must score a minimum of 500 on each subject. Additionally, 2 out of 8 possible points must be achieved on the essay portion of the test.
- Accommodations for the GED test can be requested on the GED Testing Service page. Find out about disability accommodations and fill out your HiSET Accommodations Request Form on HiSET website. Download TASC Test Accommodations here.
After passing either the GED test, TASCT Test, or HiSET Exam, the State of Mississippi will award you an HSE certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate. Check with rules and regulations for the Mississippi GED test, Mississippi HiSET exam and Mississippi TASC Test for more information.
Are You Ready to Pass
- Be sure to take our free practice test before you go in to take the official high school equivalency test. You will discover which areas you need to focus on in order to pass.
- Next, check out our online study program, The College of Essential Education, which is designed to help you prepare quickly because you study only those areas that you need to master.
- Finally, and only when you’re ready, be sure to find an official testing center for either the GED Test or HiSET Exam so so you know exactly where to go.