Minnesota GED or HiSET Requirements
- Resident: You don’t have to be a resident to take the GED test in Minnesota.
- Age: You must be at least 19 years old. You can check with your local GED testing center to make sure of other requirements.
- Enrolled: You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: Test Center: $36 (per subject) or $144 (all subjects). Online: $36 (per subject)
- Score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED® Testing Service page.
- Diploma: The State of Minnesota will award you a GED certificate after you pass the test. It will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Online GED or HiSET Classes
Online programs like GED Academy are available to help you get your GED fast and easy.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed the GED® Test. So why wait?
"Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t, because you can. I dream of getting my GED and feeling so proud of myself. Being able to fill out an application and not having to think, 'Oh, I don’t have a high school diploma. What should I put?' I am really working on doing it this time. It’s time. It’s been long enough."