Maine HiSET Requirements
- Resident: You do not have to be a resident of Maine to take the HiSET exam. However, you must take at least one of the five HiSET subtests from a Maine test center and meet all eligibility requirements for the state of Maine to be eligible for the Maine High School Equivalency Diploma. Maine residents must provide proof of Maine residency to take the HiSET exam for free.
- Age: You must be 18 years of age.
- Enrolled: You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: The HiSET exam is $30 per subject ($150 total).
- Score: 8 in each sub-test with a combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay.
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the HiSET® Exam’s accommodations page.
- Diploma: After you pass the test, the State of Maine will award you a HiSET certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate. Learn more about other rules and requirements for the Maine HiSET Exam.
Online HiSET Classes
Online programs like HiSET Academy are available to help you get your HiSET fast and easy.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed their high school equivalency test. So why wait?
"I became unemployed due to a work place injury. I was unable to keep up with the demands of the construction company I worked for. I could not get a transcript from the UK in time to start the next semester of college, but I could sit for my GED. My friends and family all stood behind me in my decisions and congratulated my efforts and successes. I hope to gain my masters degree in business admin eventually."