Louisiana State HiSET Exam Eligibility Requirements
- You do not have to be a resident of Louisiana.
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- You must be 19 years of age. However, you may take the exam at 16-18 if you are enrolled in an approved WorkReady U literacy program, obtain a passing score on the half-length practice test, and obtain an age waiver. But be sure to check out other Louisiana State requirements to take the HiSET exam.
- Cost: $16 (per subject) + one time $10 test center fee; $90 (all subjects)
- Passing score: 8 in each subtest, combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay
- Accommodations: You can apply for Louisiana HiSET disability accommodations if needed.
- After you pass the test, the State of Louisiana will award you a HiSET certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.