Florida GED Requirements
- Resident: You do not have to be a resident of Florida.
- Age: You must be 18 years of age. If you are 16 or 17 you can get a waiver from your local School Board.
- Enrolled: You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- Cost: Test Center: $32 (per subject) or $128 (all subjects). Online: $38 (per subject).
- Score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through GED's test accommodations page.
- Diploma: The State of Florida will award you a GED certificate showing you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate after you pass the test.
Online GED Classes
Online programs like GED Academy are available to help you get your GED fast and easy.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed the GED® Test. So why wait?
“I really think getting a GED will open a lot more doors for me. I want to be able to learn so much more than I know now. I can have a second chance at becoming the one thing that fits best for me. I want to be able to learn so much more than I know now. I really think getting a GED will open a lot more doors for me.”