Florida Offers the GED® Test
The state of Florida issues GED diplomas to residents who pass the GED test. Before you take the test, you can prepare for the GED online without having to attend a class.START STUDYING ONLINE
Why You Should Study Online for the GED Test
There are three reasons why online study makes preparation for the GED test fast and easy.
- Flexibility. Online studying can fit into your schedule and lifestyle.
- Control. You can study at your own pace instead of what the classroom dictates.
- Speed. You learn faster and retain more because Essential Education Academies customize the study to exactly what you need to know.
Your $15 enrollment includes six courses to help you pass your high school equivalency test, get a job, improve your computer skills, and manage your finances. Make your dreams come true.
Florida State GED Test Eligibility Requirements
- You do not have to be a resident of Florida.
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- You must be 18 years of age. However, if you are 16 or 17 you can get a waiver from your local School Board.
- Cost: $32 (per subject); $128 (all subjects)
- Passing score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED test’s accommodations page.
After you pass the test, the State of Florida will award you a GED certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate. To locate a Florida testing center, use the GED testing center locator, and check your state’s other rules and requirements here.
How do you know when you’re ready?
Take our free practice test before taking the official high school equivalency test to make sure you are ready. You will discover which areas you need to focus on in order to pass. Our online study course is designed to help you prepare quickly because you study only those areas that you need to master.