American Samoa GED and HiSET Eligibility Requirements
- You must be a resident of American Samoa.
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate.
- You must be 18 years of age. Students who are 16 or 17 may take the test with additional documentation.
- Cost: GED: $36 (per subject) or $144 (all subjects). HiSET: $10 (per subject)
- Passing Score: GED: 145 (minimum) in each subject. HiSET: 8 in each subtest, combined score of 45; minimum of 2 on the Language Arts, Writing essay
- Accommodations: GED: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED Testing Service page. HiSET: Find out about disability accommodations and fill out your HiSET Accommodations Request Form on HiSET website.
- Check your state’s other rules and requirements for the GED test and the HiSET exam.
- After you pass the test, the territory of American Samoa will award you a HSE certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.