Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development
1111 W. 8th Street
P.O. Box 115509
Juneau, AK 99811-5509
University of Alaska Anchorage
3901 Old Seward Highway Room 112
Anchorage, AK 99503
University of Alaska Fairbanks
604 Barnette Street
Fairbanks, AK 99701
Southeast Regional Resource
210 Ferry Way
Juneau, AK 99801
University of Alaska Southeast
2600 7th Avenue
Ketchikan, AK 99901
Alaska State GED Test Eligibility Requirements
- You must be a resident of Alaska
- You cannot be enrolled in an accredited high school or be a high school graduate
- You must be 18 years of age. If you’re younger, you must present a withdrawal slip from the last school attended in Alaska, a legal emancipation document or written permission from a parent or guardian before testing is allowed. Other rules may apply so be sure to check for additional requirements.
- Cost: $30 (per subject) or $120 (all subjects)
- Passing Score: 145 (minimum) in each subject
- Accommodations: You must apply for disability accommodations through the GED® Testing Service page.
- After you pass the test, the State of Alaska will award you a GED certificate that will show you have achieved the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
Over 20 Million Adults
That’s how many have successfully passed the GED® Test. What are you waiting for?LET’S GET STARTED
"I’m always curious about things, and sometimes learning too much at once can cause some stress, but it’s ok, I’m looking forward to educating myself a lot more so this way I can handle life’s hard tasks, and also overcome the fear of my financial problems for myself and my family."