By Leonard Williams
What good is the GED diploma? How will it help me?
As a GED® instructor, those are the questions I hear most often about the GED credential, the adult learner’s alternative to a high school diploma. Those are my favorite questions to answer.
500,000 People Will Pass the GED This Year.
You’re here because you want to be one of them. The one-of-a-kind best-selling GED Academy learning program can get you there, fast and easy.
Here are some facts to consider about earning your GED diploma:
- A GED diploma will not only give you a credential equivalent to a high school diploma, but it help you get a get a better job. Employers would rather hire someone who has the basic skills to pass the GED test than someone who doesn’t. Earning the GED diploma means that the graduate has the fortitude to successfully finish a difficult GED exam. The GED diploma is not a small thing! (But it doesn’t have to be as hard as you think.)
- You can expect to earn more money in your lifetime with a GED diploma. Research shows that people with a GED diploma make an average of $385,000 more in their lifetime than people who do not have a GED diploma or high school diploma(And you can get there faster than you think!).
- Passing the GED test will make you more valuable to your employer because you’ll have gained the equivalent to a high school diploma and proven basic writing, reading, math, and thinking skills. You’ll probably find it’s easier to get a work promotion or advance through workplace job training programs once you have your GED diploma.
- To get a GED diploma, you show you have important skills. Proof of those skills opens doors for advanced training. Most specialized training programs require either a high school diploma or a GED diploma. And with a GED diploma, you can take college classes or enroll in vocational school.
- You’ll feel better about yourself with a GED diploma because you’ve accomplished something that only 60% of high school graduates can do.
- Consider the impact of your educational achievement on your family. That alone goes a long way; it’s priceless.
So, How Can I Get My GED Diploma?
Passing the GED test doesn’t have to be hard or take a lot of time. The secret is to prepare for the GED test. Know what’s expected, and brush up on the important skills you’ll use. You have a lot of resources you can use. There are online GED programs to help you study. You can get a GED guide at a bookstore, library, or online. You probably have a local low-cost or free GED class in your area. You can take a pencil-and-paper or online GED practice test. The trick is to make a plan, start it right away, and stick with it. Your GED diploma is closer than you think.