By Leonard Williams
If you’re among the 39 or more million adults in the U.S. who never graduated from high school, then you’ve probably considered getting your GED® diploma, the adult learner’s alternative to a high school diploma. The GED diploma is worth considering, and it’s a credential worth getting.
500,000 People Will Pass the GED This Year.
You’re here because you want to be one of them. The one-of-a-kind best-selling GED Academy learning program can get you there, fast and easy.
The GED diploma is awarded to people who pass an exam that measures basic skills, knowledge, and the ability to apply skills and knowledge. The GED Test is actually a five-part series. You’ll take the GED mathematics test, GED science test, GED social studies test, GED reading test, and GED writing test.
The test isn’t too difficult, if you prepare the right way through a local GED program or online GED classes. If you take some time to understand the test and brush up on what you need to know, the GED test can be easy. A good starting point is to take an online GED practice test to find out what you need to study, and then follow up with online GED classes.
Why should you bother with the GED test?
Just consider the following facts and research that demonstrate the benefits of a GED test credential:
- A GED diploma will help you get a job, and even keep it. Employers would rather hire someone who has the basic skills to pass the GED test than someone who does not. Completing the GED test means that the graduate has the fortitude to successfully finish a seven and one-half hour exam. This GED diploma is not a small thing.
- You can expect to earn more money in your lifetime with a GED diploma. Research shows that people with a GED diploma make an average of $385,000 more in their lifetime than people who don’t have a GED diploma or high school diploma.
- Passing the GED test will make you more valuable to your employer because you will have gained basic reading, writing, math, and thinking skills. You’ll probably find it’s easier to get a work promotion once you have your GED diploma.
- Having the GED diploma opens up a lot of doors for advanced training. Most specialized training programs require either a high school diploma or a GED diploma. And with a GED diploma, you’ll be eligible for most workplace or on-the-job training programs, along with higher educational opportunities.
- The GED test credential is a viable diploma and not the fake online high school diploma some companies offer. It gives you access to more jobs, advanced workplace training, and higher education. The GED diploma is considered-and accepted-as an equivalent to a high school diploma by about 97% of colleges and universities in the U.S., and 95% of employers, including the military, the government, and police departments.
- You’ll probably feel better about yourself with a GED diploma because you’ve accomplished something that only 60% of high school graduates can do.
Consider the impact on your family. Your family benefits because a
GED diploma is a way to increase financial security. Research also
shows that once parents get a GED diploma, they’re more
likely to encourage their children to seek educational
opportunities and complete educational milestones.
If you have other questions about the GED test or need a guide to online GED programs, local GED classes, or GED test locations in your community, additional information is available for free at the www.passGED.com website. Free test advice, a message board, and learning community are also available for students, GED instructors, and their supporters.